CCMB collaborates with international agencies such as the Imperial Cancer Research Fund (UK), the Volkswagen Foundation (Germany), The India Japan Science Council and the University of Ryukyus, Okinawa (Japan), The National Institutes of Health (USA) and the Centre Nationale de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), the Pasteur Institute (France), Cambridge University (UK), and Harvard Medical School (USA). CCMB gained the stature of a truly international Centre with short-term and long-term overseas visitors from US, UK, France, Germany, Japan, China, New Zealand, the Czech Republic, Mauritius, Cameroon, etc., for research assignments in various groups of the laboratory.
- CCMB played a key role in the development of the country's first recombinant DNA-based Hepatitis-B vaccine for human use by Shantha Biotechnics (P) Ltd., Hyderabad.
- CCMB helped Dr Reddy's Foundation, Hyderabad through specific technology tie-ups.
- A technology to produce RNasin - an enzyme-inhibitor - has been successfully transferred to M/s Bangalore Genei (P) Ltd., Bangalore.
- CCMB scientists have helped M/s EID Parry Ltd., Chennai by developing a protocol for standardization of PCR-based markers to distinguish parental and hybrid seed varieties of rice.
- CCMB has undertaken a collaborative research project with M/s Dabur Research Foundation and the IICT to develop a new therapeutic agent for the treatment of cancer.